Audio|Video: Listen and read along as Matthew Macfadyen reads Pride & Prejudice!

Posted by Le on Sunday, June 6, 2010

How's this for an encore of Matthew Macfadyen reading Pride & Prejudice?! As previously posted here last week (See Listen to Matthew Macfadyen READ a passage from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice novel!), if you have missed it...it's in the 2nd page now. I thought I'd post about this one again, as fellow P&P/MM fan, mamen (thanks a lot!) over at my P&P forum posted a Youtube video/audio embedded links with the passage from the first proposal scene from the book that you can read along as you listen to Matthew Macfadyen aka Pride & Prejudice (2005) film's very own Mr. Darcy, reads an excerpt from the original first proposal passage of Jane Austen's classic novel Pride and Prejudice! on a podcast from The Carte Noire Readers.

Here it is (again), the link to where you can listen to Matthew reading P&P novel. You can also download the podcast episode (for free) as well on iTunes (if you have one...if not, be sure to download iTunes to download and listen to MM!). I have downloaded this and transferred it to my iPod ever since I heard of this and have been listening to MM's sexy voice everyday, lol. It's been fun listening to him read the P&P passage just before I go to bed like I'm listening to a bedtime story and his voice's just so beautiful and soothing to listen to. I even read along with my P&P novel (Chapter 34, pages 184-189) as I was listening to Matthew read.

Now you can read along too while you listen to him in the YT audio/videos below...

[source: EBD05]

[source: EBD05]   

Also, check out and listen to a recent interview of Matthew from The Carte Noire Readers on Classic FM:

Fresh from Cannes Film Festival, Matthew was interviewed about his reading the excerpt of P&P, why he read that particular scene (The First Proposal scene), if he has read the P&P novel prior to filming the P&P movie, his Sheriff of Notthingham role in Robin Hood movie, and his children, etc.

Listen/download Matthew Macfadyen's interview here!